Friday, February 18, 2011

"Rise, Peter, Kill and Eat"

The vision of Peter in Acts 10 shows Peter that what is unclean is now clean. During my lecture today we began discussing this passage and many other ones as well. My mind began to wander a bit while we discussed this. A homeless man walked into Starbucks and sat very near me. The smell of dirt,and body odor filled the room and suffocated me. I felt anger or dislike toward this man coming to this clean good smelling establishment. I was quickly convicted by Gods word in Peters vision. This thought of Peter wouldnt go be with the Gentiles (the unclean people, due to what they eat) because it would make him unclean. This smelly homeless man was the gentiles and I am the Jew. I felt I would become unclean being around him. A woman was kind to this man and gave him a breakfast sandwich and a coffee. She saw a man in need and filled it. All the while I sat judging this man, and the Lords conviction is humbling. So I ask what in your life is "unclean?"

No comments:

Post a Comment