Monday, May 9, 2011

The Journey Continues

It has almost been a year since I left Uganda. The sounds and smells of the city I lived in are fading away. But a part of me holds on to it all. I dream about the corner market where I would see my friend Tom and talk with him about the premier league soccer. I dream about Richard my friend who made rolex's(its food) for me. I then dream about my good friend Khan down at the Arua soccer shop, where he would buy me an ice cold coke. These memories are dear to my heart and I know my time in Uganda has impacted my life deeper than I ever realized. I also never realized what kind of impact I would have on the area. I met some men who were a mix of Muslim and Christian there connection to one another was their profession. They were motorbike taxi drivers and they were my main mode of transportation while there. These men ask me to teach them about Christ and I began meeting with them. Since I have left another man has begun to meet with them and the word I have received is that it is going really well. I had no idea that my small attempt to share Christ would keep going long after I left. The Lord blesses us with being able to partner with others to advance the gospel to the ends of the earth.
Just a few weeks ago two of the people I served with Jeff and Brigette got married and I was blessed to be able to partake in the service.

Since this time I have returned home to work with my family and do life in Flint, MI. I am still in college and working toward finishing in the Lords timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment