Thursday, February 17, 2011

Foxes have holes and birds have nests

In Matthew 8:20 Jesus tells a man who wants to follow Him " Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the son of man has nowhere to lay his head."

In my life I sometimes have to embrace these words that my savior said. Many years ago I told Christ "I wanna serve you and proclaim your name to the nations." Following Him is hard and there is a cost to a life that surrenders all to Jesus. Not saying I am great or better than the rest I fail all the time. In the past several years I struggle to have a place to call home. I have moved so many times and seem to never have a stable place to call home. Knowing this place will be where I live for a long period of time. Following Jesus has a cost, and having no where to lay my head seems very real to me. I know the cost has so many more things than just no where to live, but at the present time I have no where to live. I have some places to stay for just a short while, but no place of refuge, a place of comfort, a home, a place of love. I long for the day where I can one afford to have a home that is my sanctuary, my refuge and two to have someone to say I love you every day. I am loved, but there are days I struggle to feel loved. I "walk by faith, not by sight." I am Trusting in the Lord and know he has a purpose for his Glory. May we all way the cost of following the Savior of the world. Praise be to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment